Intellectual property — trademarks, copyrights, patents, Internet content and technical innovations — can be major corporate assets. They must be protected from business competitors who attempt to misappropriate and exploit them.
Scottsdale Intellectual Property Dispute Attorney
Other forms of intellectual property — trade secrets, customer lists and business practices — can be just as important to the profitability of a company. Many business people do not recognize the value of their intellectual property assets and fail to adequately protect them.
William D. Black is an experienced lawyer who will protect your intellectual property rights in Scottsdale, Phoenix and throughout the State of Arizona. He has advised a diverse business clientele on intellectual property matters for more than 30 years. He has also represented clients in intellectual property litigation and has proven success in this area.
When your ownership of unique business knowledge, intellectual assets and strategies is under attack, get the quality representation you need from The Law Offices of William D. Black.
Innovative, Resourceful and Responsive for More Than 30 Years
We advise and represent clients with businesses of all sizes in matters involving:
- Selection and registration of trademarks and trade names
- Applications for copyright protection
- Resolutions of disputes relating to publicity and privacy rights
- Drafting and negotiation of software development and marketing contracts Securing of software licenses
- Counseling on the protection of trade secrets and trade dress
- Negotiation, enforcement and defense of confidentiality and non-compete agreements
- Enforcement of intellectual property rights through demand letters, preliminary injunctions, litigation and alternative dispute resolution techniques
We also represent clients in protecting their innovations, including licensing, negotiation of licenses with other parties, and prosecution and defense of infringement charges. Some of these cases become highly technical, requiring that we team with intellectual property specialists. In matters involving patents, we can refer our clients to our “of counsel” patent attorney.
Just as you lock the doors to your business at night, you should also act to protect the value of your trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and other intellectual property. The Law Offices of William D. Black can help you protect the value and realize the profit potential of all of your intellectual property assets.